Gearbox Publishing and developer Counterplay Games recently revealed a nine-minute “Combat Overview” gameplay about action RPG Godfall, on a PlayStation 5 developer kit. The game is slashing your way into this holiday release on PlayStation 5 and PC.
Appears to be Warframe + Monster Hunter
In the third person, your knight is equipped with a sword and shield, the video portrays lots of simple OP fluid hacks and slashes alongside constant parrying as well as dodging. Enemies are seen to be pretty slow in comparison to the player’s speed and prowess.
It’s not just mainly Sword and shield, there will be 5 Weapon Classes in the game including longsword, dual blade, polearm, two-handed Warhammer, and a two-handed greatsword. Each weapon has their own playstyle, combos, and timing in executions. All of which are acquired from dead enemies as loot.
Below are some of the weapon highlights portrayed in the trailer:
- Dual Blades
Dual blades are the fastest strings of slashing combo weapons in the game; you are still able to bring up your shield at any moment to block attacks too. Building up charges will have a power-up for dual blades called Inner Focus that delivers each blade attacks in higher damage in a short amount of time. The other signature move is called Mortal Coil that throws a blade and pulls in the enemy the blade latches on.
Wield as a balanced weapon, less speedy as a dual sword but executes itself as a well-paced easy to use slashes. There are three signatures moves used in this weapon, one of them is Spectral Flurry that delivers multiple high damage slashes that cannot be interrupted. The second move is called Spiral Technique that teleports your main character like a samurai that delivers a one straight line attack without mercy. Executing attacks and pressing the shield button at the right time will execute a Shield Uppercut that pummels your enemy with a follow-up shield attack.
Game details below as shared on Epic Store:
· Master all five weapon classes, each with unique playstyles and a variety of longswords, polearms, warhammers, greatswords, and dual blades
· Level up, learn new skills and uncover legendary weapons with devastating effects on the battlefield
· Unlock 12 Valorplates: Divine, Zodiac-inspired suits of armor that empower you to shred every enemy between you and Macros
· Test your skills in the Tower of Trials and challenge yourself against the toughest foes and earn top-tier loot
· Fight solo, or alongside friends with three-player PvE online co-op play