Softstar Entertainment recently revealed a five-minute trailer of Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, showcasing some melee combat action against normal and boss encounters, set in a lush forest. The game is set to be release this 2020 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
View the trailer below to get a taste of the action this game offers.
Game details as shared on Steam:
Players take on the role of Taishi Zhao, a calm and reliable swordsman who was accidentally involved in a tragic fate. To protect his beloved family, he starts a journey in this chaotic realm to find the truth.
- Xuan-Yuan Sword VII is an Action RPG with a real-time combat system.
- A smooth combo-based combat system contains elements such as Active Skills, Dodge, Block, Riposte.
Elysium Scroll is a bamboo scroll that can be used as a key to Elysium, capable of absorbing monsters, creating items, and more. It can provide several techniques and mechanics during the adventure.
- Elysium Rift: Taishi Zhao’s ultimate technique; slows down the time around him. In this state, he can alter the physical properties of nearby objects.
- Imprison and Fusion Lab: Players can absorb monsters into the Elysium as refining materials for Fusion Lab. Fusion Lab can not only produce new monsters with different shapes and abilities, but also spin Passive Skills out sometimes, which are used to improve Taishi Zhao’s ability.
- Various facilities set in Elysium for improving armors and weapons, as well as developing passive Skills.
The Mohists and their “Mechanics”
- Mohism, an ancient Chinese philosophy of logic, rational thought, and science, was once as popular as Confucianism in China 2200 years ago.
- In this game, the Mohists are known for their high level “Mechanic“ technology far beyond the times. However, civil disagreements are challenging their faith, making them fall apart in decades.
- Can the Mohists revive to their former glory or fade in the pages of history? In Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, you will witness the final destiny of the Mohists.
A journey in the oriental realm
- The game takes place in China 2000 years ago. The development team will bring back the ancient China environments, props, humanities, and cultural studies into gameplay.
- Take a new journey into the chaotic era and roam around the oriental realm.
- For PC, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII supports Nvidia RTX, makes a realistic game world.