Indie studio Third Sphere Game Studios has announced that their 2D souls-like action-RPG Watcher Chronicles is making its way to the Nintendo Switch on April 28th. The game blends the characteristic souls-like fast skill-based combat with RPG elements, and will also feature a local co-op multiplayer mode to play with a friend. Watcher Chronicles was released first on Steam on January 19th; critics and players have praised the game for its challenging combat and gameplay, and its hand-drawn 2D art style.
In the darkest depths of Purgatory, forces of evil have allied to turn this intermediate state into a new Hell, punishing all the lost souls that wander there in search of expiatory purification. Our brave hero will have to battle his way through this wretched abyss, fighting against hordes of nightmarish enemies and more than 20 merciless bosses to prevent them from carrying out their malicious plan. Death is a hero’s destiny: prepare to die… a lot.
Purgatory has been invaded by an unholy threat. A group of fallen ones called “The Watchers” now seek to transform it into a new Hell. Lost souls must unite or face utter annihilation. Your penance has begun…
In Watcher Chronicles you will have to slice your way through enemies in a large, interconnected world. Use unique weapons or powerful magic and upgrade your character to defeat 20+ unique and challenging bosses.
- Dodge, block, and slice your way through enemies in a challenging souls-like skill-based combat!
- Explore every crack of large interconnected purgatorial realm filled with secrets and game changing loot in a non-linear fashion.
- Take on the entire game in local co-op with a friend! Single JoyCon mode supported on Switch. No need to buy a second controller!
- Use powerful magic to incinerate enemies with waves of fire, lightning, and void or summon the horde with necromancy.
- Discover and master unique weapons with different move sets that completely change up the gameplay.
- Upgrade your hero to match your play style and build out your own unique character class. Discover 100+ upgradable armor, weapons, and rings to specialize your build.
- Battle over 20+ finely tuned and challenging bosses that require careful planning and significant skill to take down.
- Keep your gear when finishing the game and continue the journey with increasingly harder difficulties in a New Game Plus.