Unspeakable Pixels and DANGEN Entertainment have announced the release date of Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials on Switch and PC. This narrative-driven, adventure filled with a spark of dark humor game will see players choose between two barbarians, and play their journey to escape the peril of the eldritch abyss.
Batbarian features 400+ rooms of exploration, 20+ hours of evolving gameplay, 10+ bosses, 60+ minutes of pumping music, and 30,000+ words of dialogue to explore. The game includes RPG elements with a level-up minigame system and multiple endings based on player choices and actions. In addition to attacking and jumping, players can use the right analogue stick to aim and throw various fruit that Pip will chase and react to, creating a deep element of puzzle-solving in the game. For example, if players throw sticky fruit on a wall near a magical switch, Pip will chase the fruit and spend a few seconds eating it while activating the switch.
“I am extremely excited to finally get to share our game with players all around the world. Like many other indie game stories, Batbarian has been quite the journey -of 4 years- and I’m really proud that we’ve stuck to our original vision. This is a massive game. I can’t wait to see if players can find all the secrets and hear their reactions to the twists and surprises we’ve put into the game,Thanks to everyone who’s believed in us, supported us and helped us bring the world of Batbarian to life. I’ve dreamt of creating games since I was 6 and it’s finally coming true, thanks to you!”
Frederic Tarabout – lead Game Designer, Unspeakable Pixels
As players crash into the unknown abyss, they are greeted with monsters, traps, and eldritch secrets. But hey, it’s ok barbarian, you are not alone: Pip, your best friend -and mysteriously luminous bat- is with you. And it’s only by truly working together that you’ll be able to solve the abyss’ puzzles, fight off its hungry denizens, discover its true purpose, and maybe -just maybe- make it out alive with the secrets of the primordials.
Gain new skills for your barbarian and elemental powers for Pip, the (magic) bat!
– A narrative-driven Metroidvania with dialogue choices and plenty of humor and snark.
– Big numbers! 400+ rooms, 20+ hours of evolving gameplay, 10+ bosses, 60+ minutes of music, and almost 30,000 words of text that a barbarian would never bother to read!
– RPG elements with a level-up minigame.
– Contains more fruit throwing than probably any other game.
– Companions that join you in your quest and help you out in fights.
– Multiple endings based on your choices and actions.
– The thrown fruit are NOT wasted, they are eaten by the bat (who is magic).
– A ton of secrets and hidden loot just about everywhere.
– The (magic) bat has a whopping FIVE different squeaking sounds!
– Fewer repetitive jokes than this description has.
Barbarian: Testament of the Primordials will be shown at Tokyo Game Show 2020 and arrives on Switch, Steam, GOG, Humble Store, and itch.io in time for Halloween on October 15th, 2020.